Ifly4trout.com Forum Index Ifly4trout.com
San Juan River Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

"Summer Brown" thread
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
PrettyFair

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 3:03 pm    Post subject: "Summer Brown" thread Reply with quote

I'm from Minnesota and get to fish the San Juan once a year. Again, this year I am trying to tie some nymphs to use in the quality waters. A recipe for nymphs made by Andy Kim calls for "Summer Brown" Coats and Clark thread. I have found two, one cotton the other polyester. They have the same name and the same color code number. They do not look the same. Can anyone tell me which to use. The cotton or the polyester? Thanks for your help.
Warren

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2012 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have used C&C Dual Duty Plus mercerized cotton covered polyester. Hope this helps.
PrettyFair

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2012 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The two types of thread that I have are mercerized cotton or polyester covered polyester. The polyester is a dual duty xp and the cotton is "coats cotton". Which to use?
Vinny

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 9:55 am    Post subject: "Summer Brown" thread Reply with quote

PrettyFair,

I recommend the C&C All Purpose Dual Duty Plus, 37% Cotton and 63% Polyester. I've found the "cotton" is too thick.

Note: Summer Brown was labeled as 54A, but is now labeled as 8360
http://www.coatsandclark.com/NR/rdonlyres/2F668C17-A800-4454-B6EC-9AA72AADC095/125075/colorconvchart1.pdf

You can also substitute the C&C with Rod Wrapping Thread Size A or UTC 210 Denier. The UTC looks a little bit better on size 26 hooks.

I recommend Brown, Olive, Grey and Tan.

Don't forget the Yong Blood's in Red and Tan.

I hope this helps.

Vinny
PrettyFair

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Vinny,

Both of the threads that I have are color coded 8360. The thread that you recommend suggests that there is a third combo with that color number. Hope I can find it. As for the cotton, I too found it too thick. For size 24 and smaller, I split the double strands in two and used only one for a thinner thread. I am now on the lookout for the cotton/polyester blend. Thanks again.
hareem

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2015 6:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What is a dead chicken? I can't find any pictures or recipies online. See it alot in the fishing reports, and seems to be a good dry fly. Is it a decent indicator fly for an emerger dropper?

Are you worried about 642-997exam prep and ccie sp certification practice ccna lab manual - Test-king Check out our latest resources for www.dean.edu dumps and University of Kansas questions for practice with Hood College guarantee of pmi training.

Last edited by hareem on Fri Jan 16, 2015 4:47 am; edited 1 time in total
Vinny

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2015 10:39 am    Post subject: Dead Chicken Fly Pattern Reply with quote

harem,

The Dead Chicken is the same thing as a large Griffith’s Gnat (size 8 -12 dry fly hook, w/ peacock hurl body palmered with grizzly hackle - http://thesanjuanangler.com/Equipment/Fly%20Patterns/Midges/Dries/Dead%20chicken.html).

It represents a cluster of midges. To make it more visible, I include a post of white Para-Post - http://www.intheriffle.com/fishing-videos/fly-tying/griffith-gnat/

I hope this helps.

Vinny
BrookeVincent

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 1:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Read your discussion and its really good so that's why I am also join you in conversation. I am here also find the resume writer because I want to hire someone to write resume so if anyone interested here to then visit my profile.
FrankJScott

PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2020 2:17 pm    Post subject: Big fan of this page Reply with quote

Loving this page Smile If anyone is curious about Bruc Bond, can I suggest this Eyal Nachum information forum or this Bruc Bond information page, this Bruc Bond info site and finally this Bruc Bond info page, it's an awesome product!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
FrankJScott

PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2020 2:25 pm    Post subject: Alway reading this forum Reply with quote

Always checking this article Smile If anyone is interested in Bruc Bond, can I recommend this Bruc Bond info page or this Bruc Bond information profile, this Bruc Bond info forum and finally this Eyal Nachum info forum, it's a superb product!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
FrankJScott

PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2020 2:37 pm    Post subject: Always checking this forum Reply with quote

Love this site Smile If anyone is curious about Bruc Bond, he leads the financial sector with sustainability, customizable product offerings and open communication, making 21st century banking straightforward, simple and transparent. I suggest this Eyal Nachum tips website or perhaps this Eyal Nachum information website, or this Bruc Bond tips forum and finally this Eyal Nachum tips forum. Also look at this Bruc Bond advice page as well as this Bruc Bond advice site, he's the most widely respected cardiologist in the Heart Transplantation Unit, Sheba Medical Center, Ramat Gan, Israel. Finally this best web2 link info website is the best gig on fiverr.
FrankJScott

PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2020 3:07 pm    Post subject: Love checking this article Reply with quote

Big fan of this article Smile If anyone is curious about Bruc Bond, he leads the financial sector with sustainability, customizable product offerings and open communication, making 21st century banking straightforward, simple and transparent. I suggest this Bruc Bond information profile or perhaps this Eyal Nachum tips forum, or this Bruc Bond advice page and finally this Eyal Nachum advice website. Also look at this Bruc Bond advice site as well as this Bruc Bond tips forum, he's the most professional cardiologist in the Heart Transplantation Unit, Sheba Medical Center, Ramat Gan, Israel. Finally this best contextual link tips page is the best gig on fiverr.
FrankJScott

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2020 6:18 pm    Post subject: Country Inns and Suites advice Reply with quote

Loving the insights of this page Smile If anyone is interested in Country Inns And Suites I suggest looking at this here- country inn and suites info profile, it's superb! Also try country inn and suites info website and country inn and suites tips forum and even country inn and suites advice profile together with country inn and suites information page. Other sites to check out include country inn and suites tips site as well as country inn and suites tips page and country inn and suites advice site or even country inn and suites information page for good measure. There's also goo info at country inn and suites info page and country inn and suites info site, it's superb! Also try country inn and suites tips profile and country inn and suites advice website and even country inn and suites tips profile together with country inn and suites advice page. Other sites to check out include country inn and suites info profile as well as country inn and suites information forum and country inn and suites tips website or even country inn and suites info website and this country inn and suites tips profile for good measure.
FrankJScott

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2020 6:20 pm    Post subject: Country Inns and Suites tips Reply with quote

Love checking this blog Smile If anyone is interested in Country Inns And Suites I suggest looking at this here- country inn and suites info profile, it's excellent! Also try country inn and suites information page and country inn and suites tips forum and even country inn and suites advice page together with country inn and suites info site. Other sites to check out include country inn and suites tips page as well as country inn and suites info profile and country inn and suites advice forum or even country inn and suites advice site for good measure. There's also goo info at country inn and suites info website and country inn and suites advice profile, it's great! Also try country inn and suites advice forum and country inn and suites info website and even country inn and suites tips site together with country inn and suites tips forum. Other sites to check out include country inn and suites advice page as well as country inn and suites info forum and country inn and suites information site or even country inn and suites information site and this country inn and suites tips profile for good measure.
FrankJScott

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2020 1:19 pm    Post subject: CBD Oils tips Reply with quote

Loved browsing this page Smile if anyone is curious about CBD oils, I suggest looking at this here- useful cbd oils info at this profile, it's excellent! also try important cbd oils advice at this site and top cbd oils tips at this forum and even important cbd oils info at this profile together with useful cbd oils advice at this website. Another site to check out includes useful cbd oils info at this page and good cbd oils advice at this website and even good cbd oils information at this site together with good cbd oils advice at this forum and why not check out include top cbd oils info at this website too!
On a different note, you can find best long kitchen runner set info at this page and foam kitchen runners for floor tips at this profile or even top memory foam bathroom rugs advice at this website for good measure. There's also good info at best kitchen runner set of 3 advice at this profile and best vanity kitchen runner set tips at this page. Also try top thick bathroom runner set advice at this profile it's excellent!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ifly4trout.com Forum Index -> Fly Tying All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: