Ifly4trout.com Forum Index Ifly4trout.com
San Juan River Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

animas anyone

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ifly4trout.com Forum Index -> Fishing Reports
View previous topic :: View next topic  
fish4fun

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 11:36 am    Post subject: animas anyone Reply with quote

anyone been on the animas lately I hit the juan last weekend and it was hit and miss.
just wondering
DurangoSteve

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 1:33 pm    Post subject: Animas Reply with quote

I met JDS down on the Animas on Saturday. We worked pretty darned hard for pretty few fish. Hell, John even got "scientific" about thangs and pumped a coupla fish. We were throwing totally plausible stuff, but the trout were unimpressed. I recall February being kinda slow, and that has been me experience again this year. C'mon BWOs! Time to get those winter doldrums over with!
caddis

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 11:47 am    Post subject: Animas Report Reply with quote

I have fished the Animas in town for the last 3 weekends straight. I am averaging 6 or 7 very healthy trout a day- some days all on drys! (Not to mention several suckers a day) In my humble oppinion I find that the fish in the Animas are either feeding or they are not?!?!?! Sometimes it is completely dead for an hour or so then POW----Sh*T hits the fan and the fish really feed. Has anyone else noticed this about the Animas??
DurangoSteve

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Caddis - I'm with you, the Animas is either on or it's off. And WHAT'S UP with all the suckers? I've been fishing this river for years, but only this year have I been catching so many suckers...
Woolmer

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2015 7:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fishing has been good over all since they changed back to the power plant and since they changed the flows to 750. Midges have been the best choice, red larva as well as black and olive midges are what we have been fishing most of the day. Baetis are ready to get going and fish are looking so if we keep getting 60-70 for temps look for that hatch to start rocking and just get better as we move into April!
raneeya

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2015 5:41 am    Post subject: A Reply with quote

fish on Saturday most of which came below Kiddie Pool and hooked up with at least a half a dozen more with unsucsessful takes???
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ifly4trout.com Forum Index -> Fishing Reports All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: