Ifly4trout.com Forum Index Ifly4trout.com
San Juan River Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Observation of midges on the SJ

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Midgeaholic

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 9:01 am    Post subject: Observation of midges on the SJ Reply with quote

Last october I noticed a hatch of midges that were Larger than usual, about 22-24. I collected several samples and put them under my magnifier which revealed colors and characteristics I had not seen before. I am a huge fan of Gary Borger's hatch matching, size, shape, color(hue). I am at the point where I am utilizing UTC thread for body construction 90% 0f the time. Anyway, I want to know if anyone else has noticed midges of that size on the SJ. After 32 years I am use to 26-30s and these seem huge in 22-24 also, they were of brighter coloration in general. also, Ishin please send me a note I need to pass on some pics
Midgeaholic. Smile
jshin

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Midge. Sent a PM. I hope I didn't mess it up. I'm pretty new to this computer messaging stuff.

Jerry
davidrrt

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sent PM also.....
________
Ferrari Mondial
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ifly4trout.com Forum Index -> Fly Tying All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: