Ifly4trout.com Forum Index Ifly4trout.com
San Juan River Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

chamois leech??
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
kimosabe

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2007 8:47 pm    Post subject: chamois leech?? Reply with quote

hi guys, is this the same as a SJ worm? or a different pattern?
any link to this pattern?

thanks!!
Midgeaholic

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kimosabe hi, No the chamois leech is made from genuine sheep skin chamois. Simply cut the the chamois into 1/4" width and 1' to inch-inch a half lengths and and tie on to 3x shank # 10 hook(depending on the size you wish to fish). use red tying thread to secure the chamois to the hook. Its a very simple tie. It represents several type s of leeches (flat worms) in the river. Good luck Midgeaholic.
jshin

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2007 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Midgeaholic, I need a few details on a couple of your ties. First the chamois leech. Do you tie the chamois to the hook with a few turns of thread at the bend and then fold the chamois back to the bend and move the thread to the eye and tie off at the eye? This looks like the chamois would wrap around the hook shank loosely and the loose end at the hook bend would wave in the current. Does this seem correct or am I missing something?

Also your tiny midges, Do you clip off the hackle on the top of the fly or the bottom. It seems to me that the hackle clipped off of the top would cause the fly to float on its side. If the bottom is clipped the fly would sit on the surface. Do you use regular dry fly hooks?
Midgeaholic

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 9:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, I usually tie my chamois leeches on 3x shank hooks Depending on the size hook 10 -16 I leave the ends of the chamois to drap free over the bend and the eye about 1/4 of an inch. To secure, I use 6/0 red kevlar thread. Wind the thread on the mid section of the shank front to back. place chamois strip on top of the hook then wind forward to secure. Use half hitches underneath the chamois to secure the thread. For this fly, I use Hard as nails over the thread on the hook shank and some over the thread on the chamois. Secret HA HA: trim the end of the chamois to a point, then, place a black or a dark brown dot or spot on the tip of the chamois both sides. Try gathering a sample leech, and dying the chamois to the color of the natural. Both techniques are very effective(colors). When I used leeches on a regular basis This was a killer tie.

2) Trim only the hackle on the top of your midges. Flare out the hackle fibers before winding. Midgeahloic Smile
bel1a

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 11:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

helow Wink i like it. keep it up Smile Very Happy
pakerjon

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 11:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, Nice post... i like it..
Smile Cool
Naveed123

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 5:50 am    Post subject: poosting coomments................ Reply with quote

use red tying thread to secure the chamois to the hook. Cool

---------------------------
leather jackets usa
https://plus.google.com/+LeatherjacketsUSAstore
https://www.facebook.com/LeatherJacketsUSAofficial
kovyryrepi

Location: Laborum sed et exercitation aliquid quod inventore porro velit duis voluptatum quia quo odio vitae

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2018 1:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Users of the pattern can get useful information about their new features with take look on this shared post. People from different professional fields like to hire resume writing service online that can give best outputs.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
KasenNico

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2019 5:38 am    Post subject: Essay Reply with quote

Thanks a lot for the purpose of rendering up to date update versions about the challenge, I just await read through further. Tax Advice
FrankJScott

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2020 5:24 pm    Post subject: Loving this forum Reply with quote

Loving this forum Smile If anyone is interested in a nasal dilator, can I suggest this do nasal dilators work advice site or this nasal dilator advice page, it's an excellent product!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
FrankJScott

PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2020 2:45 pm    Post subject: Loving this blog Reply with quote

Love this forum Smile If anyone is interested in Eyal Nachum, can I recommend this Eyal Nachum tips profile or this Bruc Bond tips forum, this Eyal Nachum tips forum and finally this Bruc Bond tips site, it's a top quality product!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
FrankJScott

PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2020 3:22 pm    Post subject: Love this article Reply with quote

Always checking this blog Smile If anyone is interested in Bruc Bond, he leads the financial sector with sustainability, customizable product offerings and open communication, making 21st century banking straightforward, simple and transparent. I recommend this Bruc Bond advice page or perhaps this Eyal Nachum tips page, or this Bruc Bond advice profile and finally this Eyal Nachum tips website. Also look at this Bruc Bond advice site as well as this Bruc Bond information page, he's the most widely respected cardiologist in the Heart Transplantation Unit, Sheba Medical Center, Ramat Gan, Israel. Finally this best backlinking tips website is the best gig on fiverr.
Jonathancorbin

PostPosted: Sat Feb 29, 2020 5:54 am    Post subject: Rivière San Juan Reply with quote

Rivière San Juan, rivière dans le sud-ouest des États-Unis, s'élevant dans les montagnes de San Juan au sud du Colorado, sur le côté ouest de la division continentale. Il coule ensuite vers le sud-ouest dans le Nouveau-Mexique, après Farmington, vers le nord-ouest dans l'Utah et vers l'ouest jusqu'au fleuve Colorado près du Rainbow Bridge National Monument dans le sud-est de l'Utah. La rivière a une longueur de 360 mi (580 km) et n'est pas navigable. Ses principaux affluents sont les rivières Animas, Los Pinos, Piedra, La Plata et Mancos, toutes situées dans le nord-ouest du Nouveau-Mexique. Dans cette zone, où la vallée de la rivière s'élargit, il y a une agriculture irriguée. La section de la rivière où les frontières du Nouveau-Mexique, de l'Utah, de l'Arizona et du Colorado se rencontrent et où le San Juan pénètre dans le plateau du Colorado, dans lequel il a creusé de nombreux canyons en forme de S de plus de 1000 pieds (300 m) de profondeur, est connu sous le nom de cols de cygne. De là, la rivière coule dans un canyon relativement droit jusqu'au Colorado.

https://www.ultimojackets.com/walking-dead-season-4-rick-grimes-leather-jacket
FrankJScott

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2020 6:38 pm    Post subject: Country Inns and Suites information Reply with quote

Love checking this forum Smile If anyone is curious about Country Inns And Suites I suggest looking at this here- country inn and suites info forum, it's great! Also try country inn and suites information site and country inn and suites tips site and even country inn and suites information profile together with country inn and suites tips website. Other sites to check out include country inn and suites tips site as well as country inn and suites advice profile and country inn and suites info site or even country inn and suites tips forum for good measure. There's also goo info at country inn and suites information forum and country inn and suites info forum, it's great! Also try country inn and suites advice forum and country inn and suites advice forum and even country inn and suites tips page together with country inn and suites information forum. Other sites to check out include country inn and suites info forum as well as country inn and suites information profile and country inn and suites information forum or even country inn and suites information forum and this country inn and suites info site for good measure.
FrankJScott

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2020 1:15 pm    Post subject: CBD Oils information Reply with quote

Had a good read of this forum Smile if anyone is interested in CBD oils, I suggest looking at this here- important cbd oils information at this site, it's superb! also try important cbd oils information at this site and top cbd oils advice at this page and even useful cbd oils information at this profile together with great cbd oils advice at this forum. Another site to check out includes great cbd oils information at this website and important cbd oils advice at this profile and even important cbd oils info at this page together with useful cbd oils advice at this site and why not check out include useful cbd oils info at this profile too!
On a different note, you can find best anti fatigue mat set advice at this page and top long bathroom mats info at this profile or even great kitchen runner set of 3 information at this forum for good measure. There's also good info at memory foam bathroom mat non slip advice at this forum and cheap brown kitchen rug tips at this site. Also try cheap long bathroom runner information at this website it's awesome!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ifly4trout.com Forum Index -> Fly Tying All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: