Ifly4trout.com Forum Index Ifly4trout.com
San Juan River Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

That is my son in the Fishing Report

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ifly4trout.com Forum Index -> Fishing Reports
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AZBassTuber

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2008 5:59 pm    Post subject: That is my son in the Fishing Report Reply with quote

Thursday, February 21, 2008

Fishing Line

By Bill Dyroff
Of the Journal
Catches of the Week: At Lunker Alley on the San Juan River, Tuesday, Chris Miconi, of Phoenix, age about 13, caught and released a 21-inch rainbow on a red San Juan Worm; guided by "Dusty" Wyrum, Rise N Fly Guide Service.

WE had an absolutely EXCELLENT trip. We caught a ton of fish, with and without a guide. Lots of fat sassy hard fighting Browns (my favorite) and some really hefty Rainbows.

I will post the details later in the week and will post my photobucket URL for photos.

I came to New Mexico to introduce my son Christopher to first class trout fishing and was NOT disappointed.

Thanks to everyone who gave gidance and suggestions before the trip, Thanks to Dusty for his super professional guiding.

TAKE A KID FISHING!!! It IS the future of our sport.

Mark Miconi
Phoenix AZ
NMAngler

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2008 11:11 pm    Post subject: Well done! Reply with quote

Mark, thanks for the post. Way to go Chris! Well done Dusty.
You are right, introducing kids to fly fishing is the future of our sport. Glad to see his first time on the Juan was a success! Also glad to see you and your son got to spend some time together fishing a great river.
rggage

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 12:02 pm    Post subject: Leaving Wednesday!!! Reply with quote

Thank you for the update. We leave Wednesday 27th for my first trip to the San Juan. CANNOT WAIT!!!
Tripple26

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2015 1:29 am    Post subject: sultan Reply with quote

The river is flowing high (4000 cfs) and dirty (visibility of about 1 foot), but the fish don't seem to care. Nice sized trout have been feeding just out of the fast current everywhere there are indentations in the bank that allow water to slow down. Eddy currents and inside bends are fishing well too.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ifly4trout.com Forum Index -> Fishing Reports All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: