- Take piece of gray swiss straw and cut a 2" long
strip about 1/16" wide. Twist the straw to form a rope.
- Secure thread at head, wrap back to just before bend.
- Double the piece of straw and tie in at the bend leaving
the loop emd hanging out about the length of the body.
- Wrap the thread forward over the straw to form the body.
Stop about 2 eye lengths back.
- Pull the 2 ends of straw up and back and then secure
them so the point back at a 45 deg angle forming the wings. Trim to half a body
- Tie in a black hackle and make 2-3 wraps of hackle at
- Tie off hackle trim, whip finish and carefully cement.
- Trim hackle on the bottom flat.