- Bead Head Red Wire Brassie
Lower River Pattern
||Daiichi 1130 size 18-20
||Medium Red Wire
||3/32 Copper Bead (the kind with hole
bigger on one side)
- Slip the bead onto the hook making sure to get the big hole side toward the rear
and place the hook in the vise.
- Push the bead to the eye of the fly.
- Begin wrapping the wire at the bend of the hook and wrap forward.
- Wrap the wire and stop right behind the bead.
- Use your finger nail to push the wire from the bend towards the eye, jamming the
wire into the bead and compressing your wraps.
- Now make 3-4 turns back towards the bend until the wire starts to work back out
of the bead.
- Twist the wire quickly in a circular motion to break it near the bead.
- Do the same near the bend (you may have to make a few extra wraps to make the
- One drop of super glue at the back of the bead and you are done!
||You can try gold or silver beads and different colored wire for
different effects. This is a great dropper on the lower San Juan.