Blue Winged Olive (BWO)
||Daiichi 1100 in sizes 18-22 (size 20 optimal for
||Lt Olive or BWO color 8/0 Uni-thread
||Split Olive, gray, or dun Microfibbets (optional
||Dark Gray Turkey Section
||Blue-Gray Hackle to Match Hook (wound parachute
- Secure thread behind bead and wrap back to just
- Tie in the tail (3/4 length of fly). Leave butt
end long and wrap thread forward over butt ends. Trim at 2/3 point.
- Tie in 2 sections of turkey. Trim butts close and
wrap over. Make a few wraps in front of the wing to secure it and force it
- Build tapered thread body and thorax around the win..
- Tie in hackle (butt end toward eye). Wrap
parachute style around base of the wing. Secure and trim at front.
- Finish head, whip finish, and carefully cement.
||Try different body colors (gray,