Cluster (Indicator Fly)
||Tiemco 2487 in size 14-20
||Black 8/0 Uni-thread
||Black / White Poly Yarn
||Parchute Grizzly Hackle or CDC
- Secure thread at head, wrap back to mid shank.
- Cut a 1-2 inch bunch of poly yarn (black and white) and
lay along shank.
- Tie in poly at mid shank with a few tight wraps in the
middle of the bunch so that each end flares out and up.
- Pull both ends of the poly upward and make a few
circular wraps at the base (much like when tying a parachute fly).
- Tie in a short barb CDC hackle to match hook size.
- Wrap the CDC hackle parachute style around the base of
the poly yarn.
- Trim CDC excess, whip finish, cement, and trim poly to
desired length to form a nice fluffy tuft.
||CDC can be replaced with grizzly or dark dun hackle.
Small tags of randomly placed flashabou can be added for wings.