- Gray/Black All-Purpose Emerger
Upper River Pattern
||Daiichi 1270 size 22
||Gray 3/0 Uni-Thread
||Black 6/0 Uni-Thread
||Gray Thread Tag
- Tie in the gray thread and work back to bend.
- Pull the tag end to the top of the shank and don't trim.
- Lay black thread along top of hook and tie in near the bend.
- Build up a tapered body with the gray thread.
- Rib forward with the black thread.
- Tie off the gray thread and trim. Cover with black thread
- Tie in a peacock herl and wrap to form the throax.
- Trim the tail/shuck to about the length of the body minus the throax.
- Whip finish and cement carefully.
||This is a great pattern that can pass for a midge or beatis
emerger. Works well when the fish are keying in near the surface. My favorite
variation is a flash back versio of the fly. Can also rib with brown or olive too.