||Daiichi 1100 in size 20-26
||Black 8/0 Uni-thread
Pearl Flashabou or Krystal Flash
- Place the hook in the vise.
- Secure thread at head and tie in the flashabou by laying it along the top of the
hook securing the tag end near the head with 3-4 tight turns.
- Wrap the thread back down the shank over the flashsabou to just before bend.
- Wrap the thread forward and build a slightly tapered body, leaving the thread
hanging near the head.
- Wrap the flashabou over the body, completely covering the thread or with only
very small ribs of the underbody showing through. With the 1/16" width flashabou this
should only take 3-4 wraps.
- Secure the flashabou at the head with 2 or 3 tight wraps and trim the flashabou.
- Build up a protruding thorax using the thread.
- Whip finish, trim the thread and use a drop of super glue to cover the entire
body of the fly. You can use a needle to spread the drop of glue evenly over the body.
different thread and flashabou colors. The color combos are endless and I've had
luck with many different combos. A dubbed thorax or the traditional peacock herl
thorax is also ok but Ive found the pattern above lasts longer than the traditional
tie and is just as effective and maybe better.