- KF Zebra Emerger
Upper River Pattern
||Mustad 80000BR size 22-28
||Black 6/0 Uni-Thread and White 6/0
- Place the hook in the vise.
- Secure whitethread near the throax and wrap back to the bend.
- Tie in the black thread by laying it along the top of the hook with the tag end
forward and secure by wrapping the white thread over it toward the eye.
- Build up a tapered white body then tie off and trim at the eye with a few half
- Wrap the black thread forward as a rib with even spacing to form a candy cane
like body of black and white.
- Tie in two strands of black flashabou. Pull the 2 tag ends of the flashabou
back over the thread and build the thorax over top.
- Whip fininsh, trim wings short, and cement.
||This pattern is one of my goto midge emerger patterns.
Especially in size 24-26. You can also try different colors for the body instead of
white. The white actually turns gray when it gets wet with the darker thread and
hook underneath. I usually opt to coat the body with a drop of super glue to make it
almost bullet proof. Without it, these flys tend to get torn up fast.